Current Work Experience
- Environmental Risk Consultant | Sutter Health; Office of General Counsel
- Owner | Safety University™ (SafetyU)
- EMT / Rescue Diver | St. Croix EMS & Rescue
- Part-time Faculty | Capella University
- Adjunct Faculty | Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College
- Safety Program & Environmental Services Manager | Novato Community Hospital
- Police Officer / Deputy Emergency Manager | Somerset Police Department
- Educational Director and Safety Manager | Ex Environmental
- Team Lead; Emergency Management | Enbridge Energy
- Emergency Response & Security Coordinator for U.S. Operations | Enbridge Energy
Certified Protection Professional (CPP®) – ASIS International; Certified Emergency Manager (CEM®) – IAEM; Master Exercise Practitioner (MEP) – FEMA; • Certified Healthcare Security Supervisor Officer (CHSSO) – IAHSS; Minnesota Certified Emergency Manager; Wisconsin Certified Emergency Manager; Certified Healthcare Environmental Manager (ECRI); Minnesota Peace Officer; Wisconsin Police Officer (retired); Minnesota – Emergency Medical Technician; Wisconsin – Emergency Medical Technician; Utah – Emergency Medical Technician; National Registry of EMT’s – EMT; Swiftwater Rescue – Technician Level; Confined Space Rescue- Operations Level; PADI Divemaster & Rescue Diver; ERDI Underwater Crime Scene Investigator; FBI Trained Hostage/Crisis Negotiator; Basic and Advanced Professional Development Certificate – FEMA; Incident Command System (ICS) Instructor – CDP; OSHA 511 Occupational Safety and Health Standards for General Industry Certificate; OSHA 501 Authorized 10 and 30 hour Instructor for General Industry; HAZWOPER 40hr Emergency Response – Refresher every subsequent year
- First Responder Awareness & Operations (HazMat) Textbook (2017).
- HazMat Technician Textbook (2016).
- Incident Management Handbook (2015).
- Excited Delirium: a True Medical Emergency; Not a Criminal Act (2014).
- ASIS International
- Board of Certified Safety Professionals
- International Association of Emergency Managers
- International Association for Healthcare Security and Safety
- Masters of Arts Degree – Leadership, Education and Administration
- Bachelor of Science Degree – Criminal Justice
- Associates of Applied Science Degree – Emergency Management
- Associates of Arts Degree – Liberal Arts